Friday, July 4, 2008

Woo thunderstorms and sky!!

So rain over night, nothing unusual. I woke up at 3 to the sound of torrential rain and almost constant thunder. I was a little annoyed that I lost 3 hours of sleep, but was plenty excited to get a real thunderstorm. This morning there was even a little blue sky. Mt Fuji was even peaking through the cloud cover. There's only a tiny little spot of snow left. I suppose I'll get to see it up close next week.

The more I clean this apartment, the more I realize how crappy it is. The wood panelled floor is falling apart, the paint is chipping off the walls and bathroom has mold stains from who knows how many years of neglect. I guess that's the problem with cheap housing like this. Oh well, I've seen worse at other people's places, so I'm glad it isn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, but it makes me appreciate the towers a little bit. A guy in my painting class asked where i lived up in lawrence and when I said the towers he said, "oh i'm sorry." "you've seen them?" "yeah...yeah I have. they are pretty bad." but now they dont sound so bad especially since I will only have one roommate next year.