I hope everyone back home had some good days off. They don't celebrate America's independance in Japan, I'm not sure why. They do however sell fireworks all summer long. While Lyndsi was here we managed to burn $4 worth of sparklers (which is probably 2-3x what you would get for $4 in the US.) Not exactly thrilling, but just about as lame as the rest of the holidays we've done in Japan.
Yesterday we went to Hiratsuka for the Tanabata festival. I don't know if I'm just not easy to impress, or if Andrea had talked it up too much, but it was very underwhelming. There were some neat looking "floats." I say floats, but they were just decorations mounted on poles all of the streets. There were some intersting food/animal/toy booths, but overall not really anything too exciting. I have a few pitcures I'll post, but Lyndsi took a bunch, and who knows when she'll have time to email them to me (she's moving back to the US in two weeks.) I alos have a video of some taiko drummers. I'll post that when I get some time.
5 days until Mt Fuji Round 2. I am not sure whether I am looking forward to it or not. Then round 3 two weeks after.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah we just watched patrick light fireworks. He kept trying to light them while holding them in his hand. What a doofus.
Post a Comment