For all those that were under a rock, KU beat UNC. Happy to be a haven of KU spirit in a country so far removed from it all.
I would've posted more but I've been preoccupied with spring and computer issues. My laptops video card bit the dust for a day, a long 12 hour day. I hate trying to fix custom graphics cards with custom drivers. Just one more reason for everyone out there to avoid dell at all costs. Buy a mac, I hear they're shiny.
Cherry blossom season is upon us. I'm sure most of you saw the pictures of Washington DC with all the blossom trees they have there. It's much different actually being underneath them and smelling them from a distance. Very sweet, pretty too. There's about 6 different varieties in our area, though the ones that DC has are the most common. I'll post pictures tonight or tomorrow, maybe a video of the petals falling too.
We went to Hiratsuka over the weekend, hung out with Travis (from KU) and Willy-b(rapper friend) and his girlfriend. Good times. I ate some really spicy garlic pasta/soup. Made my eyes water, but I finished it. Also had a melon soda float. We managed to spend 3500 yen at the import store there as well (chips, cheese, brats, soups, spices). We probably spent more than we should have, but its cool, that's why we went.
This morning Andrea manage to get the NHK(tv government thing) guy off our back for the rest of the time we're here. They charge you like 25 bucks a month to you the tv service here, but we never use it. We're too busy watching US to watch the TWO channels we can actually get. Our friends get at least 5 or 6. That is why we told them our tv broke in january. We paid our due from december and they left. It's really ridiculous to pay for over the air broadcasting, imagine the FCC coming to your house because you use the basic tv that they offer and charging you $25 per tv(yes it's not per household, its per tv). Ridiculous.
We're finally going to make plans to hang out in tokyo sometime in May. Should be exciting. Look for those pictures, and maybe a video or two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yes go us now i have hallmark and design history all in one go me! sakura! im so jealous
WE WON
Post a Comment