Well, the time has come. Two days from now Andrea will be in a plane, flying towards Dallas. She'll make it to Wichita eventually. She has every intention of hanging out, eating and shopping with as many people as she can. If she doesn't visit you, don't take offense, there's a lot to fit into two weeks.
I'm still trying to make sure everything is prepared for her trip. We still need to buy the train ticket for saturday morning, though we finally got paid today, so we have money again. We've been paying with change for the last week. I suspect we'll get to the train station tomorrow after Andrea returns from her English camp. We also will have to pack her carry-on suitcase as soon as we can, since she will be leaving less than 12 hours after she returns with her suitcase. We sent the main suitcases to the airport yesterday, since wandering through the airport and train stations with three suitcases is quite difficult for one person.
Weather has been pleasent lately, though still randomly cloudy. I've only seen the mountain three times in the last two weeks. We have been getting thunderstorms more often recently. The only reason that is worth mentioning, is that I have heard more thunder in the last two months than the previous 11 months. Even the typhoon (hurricane for you westerners) that hit late last summer has zero thunder. It has been nice, however, as it reminds me of Kansas thunderstorms.
For those of you concerned about what I am doing while Andrea is gone, fear not, I have plenty of random recipes to try and chores to complete. I did check the ticket prices, just in case the last minute tickets were cheap and I would be able to go home for a reasonable price. $3500 isn't what I was hoping for. Andrea will just have to give everyone a hug for me.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it is a shame but i suppose i would not have seen you anyway. I hope you enjoy yourself. I hope to fit in time between home work to look for a digital slr. I think I am going to buy one. ^.^
Post a Comment