Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas (no X means its real, right?)

We made it to korea fine. The train ride to the airport was bad, had to be on the slow commuter trains during morning rush. We were packed tighter than sardines. When we got to our stop and started pulling our suitcases out of the crowd, Andrea was saying "excuse me" in japanese and the guy closest to her told her to "f-off" in english. Then proceeded to kick my bag (which actually freed it from the crowd, so I was grateful.) A great 2 hours. We had a reserved seat on the final train to the airport, so we got to sit in a nearly empty train and relax. Still, that was the worst first half of christmas day I've ever had.
We made it through customs and got food since we hadn't eaten breakfast that day. When I looked at the seat map I had printed out for our trip, I didn't see our seat number on it. 18H-J. Turns out since we bought them online and didn't have assigned seats yet, when we got to the airport they gave us the only two seats that were still together. Hooray for business class. We got a meal that economy didn't get, plus beer was free (though I didn't partake.) And talk about the leg room. I couldn't stretch out and touch the seat in front of me. Andrea was actually able to take a nap on a plane for the first time ever. Plus we got to sit on the upper level of the 747 we were on. Awesome flight.
Jeehyun picked us up at the airport and we had dinner with her parents. The restaurant we went to if right down the street from their apartment. Jeehyun's family knows the owner so we got some extra dishes that weren't on the special Christmas menu. Turns out the worst christmas ever could turn into the best one.
I'll never ride the train again during rush hour. At least not without a reserved seat.

No comments: