The geminids peaked last night for us. I read that we could expect up to 120 meteors an hour. I had to settle for about 1 every 5 minutes but it was still cool. I tried to get a picture using a 2 second exposure (I know, "2 seconds"!!!!! it is the longest exposure I could get out of my digital camera) but failed miserably. You can watch the satelites moving if you tick through them fast enough. I managed to get a picture of mars though. I thought it was cool that you could actually see it in some real form. It was very bright last night. Just one more reason to stay up until 3 am.
I posted a bunch of new pictures. Gingerbread house, more of Fuji, and some of my stars.
For those who worry Jeehyun finally called us this weekend. Xmas is back on track.
Late edit:
It's come to my attention that almost no one reads this, or looks at the pictures I post(it happens every time I talk to my parents and they say, "It's been busy" or when Andrea's mom asks to see pictures of stuff). I'll be sending my family a cd of the pictures we have so far with their xmas box. If you would like a copy feel free to contact me or my parents. I have only a few cds, so I'm only making 1 original for people to get the pictures from. These are the original files, not the cut-down versions that google requires for space constraints. I'm not going to stop posting pictures or stories, since hopefully it will start getting read more often. That and I'm only going to send a cd once a year, so there's not going to be pictures for another year for the people who only want the cd!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yeah meteor showers are awesome dad, patrick and I watched one this summer Mars at least where US is, is supposed to be the closest its going to be for sometime so i have thought about going out to that lake to go see it
-meghan
I was looking at the pictures of the gingerbread house what are some of the candies that you put on it,
Post a Comment