Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/heman8400/Shizuoka
for the festival we went to.

http://picasaweb.google.com/heman8400/Halloween
for andrea's halloween party at school.

We ran into about 20 other JET's while in shizuoka, and I managed to not take a picture of/with any of them haha. The festival was kind of sad, but it was nice to get out and see more of japan (even if it was pretty close to home).

Andrea and sebastion(sp?) decorated a classroom for halloween and carved some pumpkins. The pumpkins were found in a distant grocery store that had full size ones. Most of the ones they had were the mini-decorative kind. Normally in the US you might seem them for 3-4 bucks near halloween so the stores can get rid of them, but not here, 10 bucks a piece. Just one of those things you can't find for cheap here. The students had fun it seems, about 20-30 of them showed up to watch them carve pumpkins after school. Some of them even helped scrape out the guts.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll finally get to the drink blog again. (I say it, but when tomorrow comes....who knows)

No comments: