Well we're going to do something for thanksgiving. We're just not sure what. Or on what day. Lyndsi is going to come out and stay with us for the weekend and we're going to do something thankgiving-like. Probably chicken since turkeys are about 70-80 bucks (you have to order them online, stores don't sell them. Supposedly they are cheaper at meat markets, but I haven't found one yet.) and we don't have an oven anyways. Mashed potatoes are easy to make, and we have a fantastic packet of turkey gravy from my mother. Yams would be possible, but I don't like them so I'm not making them. Pies are out of the question too, oven problems again. Bread is a strange thing here, but I should manage to find something close to a roll.
Meat? Check.
Potatoes? Check.
Gravy? Check.
Bread? Check.
Dessert? Hmmm, cheesecake from Mimi's perhaps?
We'll get by. I think the family will be the most missed part. At least for Andrea and Lyndsi. I've been over this but I don't get emotionally attached to people. This distance has been easier on me than Andrea for that reason. Its not that I don't care, I just manage to distance myself from my cares enough so it doesn't bog me down. Being a cook, food is actually harder to deal with. Simply because I can get close to what I want, just not close enough. Taco cheddar is easy to find, because it doesn't have to taste that good. Eating cheddar has been impossible.
Its cold today, upper 40's moving into the 50's. Its not actually cold, just cold for Fuji. Plus I don't have a car to get in for rides to the store, I have a bike. Gloves are a must, soon two layers of long-sleeved shirts will be too. Its colder in Wichita I noticed, but that doesn't mean it's less annoying here. Drying laundry in humid 40's? Terrible. It will get colder over the next few days. Andrea's going to force me to pull out the kerosene heater soon. Life goes on.
http://picasaweb.google.com/heman8400
I'm going to keep putting this link in here, just so people know it exists. Also if you comment, there's a place to enter your name. Please use it so I know whats going on ^_^
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment