Thursday, October 25, 2007

Slow news day

Been busy this week trying to get random things taken care of. Friday last week it rained here, giving us the first showfall on fuji. Of course it was gone withing 36 hours, but still neat to see. The weather this week has gone chilly, we had our first morning below 50. I know that doesn't sound bad, but for Fuji it is. People are saying how it might be a cold winter because of it. Crazy people.

Well we're getting closer and closer to getting the papers for signing up again. Just a few more weeks. Though I guess it's not a big deal because we don't have to turn them in for 4 more months. We have been talking about it quite a bit though. I think we're probably at about a 50/50 right now, where as before we were ab out 90/10 for going home in july. We obviously still haven't decided but we're considering the options and the future. I personally am leaning towards staying for another year. Andrea's worried about finding another job and the potential for the tokai earthquake to happen, if it doesn't during our first year. (For those who don't know the tokai earthquake is named after the region of japan we live in. It is a 100-140 year earthquake and we are currently at about 148 years. They expect it to be between a 7 and 9 on the richter scale. Widespread destruction, injuries and even death are going to be very much the headlines when this earthquake hits. They have a warning system that will give anywhere from a few seconds to up to a minute of warning before it hits. Hopefully that will be enough time to spare some lives.) I'm not too worried about it, but andrea is more cautious than me. We'll see what happens. If it does hit, you can bet we'll be home very soon after that, they don't keep hired JETs after natural disasters, plus you get a bonus (kind of like an insurance pay out).

I'll be putting up some new pictures on the album soon. More in the fuji album and probably a new one for andrea's trip to izu. http://picasaweb.google.com/heman8400

Edit: Pictures are up and ready for viewing.

No comments: