Friday, October 19, 2007

First post in a brave new world

This is my first try at a "real" blog, hopefully it will transition well. Andrea have been keeping busy with random get-togethers with our friends here, as well as wandering around town looking at all the expensive things we can't buy(like a dvd player for instance). Food has taken a new turn, as we've (I've) been making more real foods, less hamburgers and pizzas. We still can't really get into Japanese food so far. Simple things like yakitori(chicken skewers) and gyoza(chinese style dumplings) are fine, but they put fish in almost everything which in turn makes it taste just aweful. I really do try new things when I see them, but more often than not I just have the one bite and move on.

Andrea is going hiking with her school today. I think they were going around a lake at the base of Fuji-san. I wanted to go but it was a school event and they weren't too keen on the idea of me being there since I didn't know any of the students. Oh well. School has been going ok for Andrea, she's had some tough times with her co-worker, but she's getting through it. I guess the forms for resigning up are starting to go around the JETs, Andrea expects hers sometime next month. We have until Jan/Feb to decide what to do, so obviously we're still unsure yet. Andrea wants to go home and find a job and start settling down, but I'm still not sure that we should bail out on this adventure just yet. 3 more months to decide, so we'll keep talking about it.

Got a party to go to tomorrow, and laundry still to do before the rain storm moves in, so that's it for me for now. I'll try and update this blog more than the myspace ^_~

No comments: