We've been in Tokyo, more specifically Shinagawa, for a day now and we're having a great time. Lots of wandering around and sight seeing. We have the nicest hotel ever, and a bed big enough to fit an entire family. It even as a balconey that we can walk out onto to view the city.
We went to an aqaurium yesterday, and got to see a dolphin show. I have seen dolphins in a long time, so it was pretty fun. There were some giant fish and sharks there, and a ray of some kind that was way bigger than an I had ever seen. We got to dip our hands in a tank with fish that eat your dead skin, which was really freaky. It felt like little pulsations, not painful but still weird(though Andrea claims that it hurt.)
We ate at a really nice cafe for lunch and Andrea insisted that we go to Outback for dinner since it is right across the street. There's a TGI Fridays right near us too, though we've been to one twice since being in Japan, so I'm not particularly excited about that.
Today, we're off to the Yasukuni shrine, Akihabara, and Shinjuku (with maybe some shopping if we have time.) We're hoping to go by the Tokyo Tower to see the Christmas tree there and maybe a zoo tomorrow before spending the next two days at Disney. We managed to get tickets reserved for Disney, but supposedly if you don't have tickets already for this week they won't let you in, because it's too busy. We shall see.
I have lots of pictures but I haven't uploaded anything yet. Maybe tomorrow?
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment