Been a while sicne I last updated, sorry about that. I've been preoccupied with some stuff here. Setting up for various family members to start coming to the country among a few other things. I'll try to keep up.
We're having a "typhoon" today. 2nd of the season supposedly. I don't know when the first one was. The problem is they use "typhoon" for any tropical depression or hurricane. That's all these have been. Not full fledged big eye in the middle of the spinning clouds, but just a tropical storm. Lots of wind, some rain, maybe thunder if you are lucky. They need to add a new word sos they can differentiate the two main types of storms. There's no way to tell between a category 5 hurricane and a big thunderstorm. Another "lost in translation" moment.
I personally am excited for E3 this week. I'm expecting lots of announcements about some videogames that I like. I might even get to go to the Tokyo Game Show this fall. We'll see if that pans out.
Prices on airlines tickets went up this week, so it's looking less likely that I will come back. I told my mom, I could buy a PS3 (with half a dozen games) and the Nikon D80 (basically the only electronics I'll need for the next 5 years) for the same price as my plane ticket. Both of those things would last me years. A plane ticket will last me two weeks. We'll probably buy a ticket(s) in the next few weeks, so if the prices don't move, everyone will know by the middle of june.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It sucks that you won't be able to come. Did you hear that there is a hana yori dango movie coming out this summer in Japan?
Yeah, we did. It was on the previews of a movie we watched last week. It doesn't look that great, and andrea doesn't like the japanese F4, just the taiwanese F4. We probably won't see it.
really? I just finally finished watching the Taiwan one...the second season nearly killed me...too long...too boring...and too much like a soap opera. I haven't seen previews for the movie. I just heard it was coming out.
Post a Comment